Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lifestyle changes

I know I haven't blogged lately, and I'm sorry. J and I have been making some changes in our lifestyle and it's been playing havoc with my free time. Not to mention that I've started
a second job, where I actually get to take Scott with me. So between work, more work, and taking care of the family I have little time to do other things.I have been working like mad on a custom design for something. I have to keep it hush hush for now, because it's for my secret pal. I doubt she's going through all the blogs and looking for hints, but you never know. All I can say is it's an amazing pattern, custom made by me, and of course she's going to be getting the finished item too. I am making it from hand-spun cotton yarn of a fingering weight, and once it's done I'll be dying it. I decided not to dye it before it was made, because with having to spin up more yarn as I need it, I could never be sure of the yardage. Plus, it's lace and I don't want to have pooling in the pattern. I'll post pictures once it's done. I just hope she likes it. Haven't received any answers from her lately, and hope that everything is going ok over there. I know that she has a little baby girl, so I can understand lack of time.

Off to make teriyaki chicken sandwiches for dinner. Toasted with mozzarella cheese and than topped with pineapple and lettuces and tomato. How yummy does that sound?

No comments: