Friday, December 29, 2006
Oh, Scott has an ear infection and I have bronchitis. Ain't winter fun?
No knitting news cause I'm still trying to crochet my shawl. The pattern is working out pretty well so far. I hope to have it done in the next few weeks. *knock on wood*
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Have you had any relationships this year?
Yes I got married to my wonderful husband this year. Had my beautiful baby boy
Have you had your birthday yet?
Seen Happy Feet yet?
Not yet but want to
Pulled an all nighter?
Please, I work for Seattle's Best Coffee
Met someone special?
Does my son count?
Been out of state?
Even moved out of it
What are you thinking about?
Warm food downstairs and no work for 2 days. Time to spend with Scott and J
Slept in someone else's bed?
In a few different places lately
Drank any alchohol?
Loaned out money?
Have none to lend
Gotten in a car accident?
Gone over your cell phone bill?
umlimited in-network calling
Been called a whore?
Done something you regret?
Last Person you hugged?
Last Person to call you?
When was the last time you felt stupid?
At work today, forgot what I was making
Who was the last person you danced with?
Who did you last yell at?
What did you do today?
Went to work, came home
Natural hair color?
Where would you rather be?
curled up in bed with my husband and son
Last thing you drank?
TEN THINGS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE:
Have you ever been in love:
yes I am deeply in love now
Do you believe in love?
Why did your LAST relationship fail?
Cause he was an ass who did something he was ashamed of and got courts marshaled
Have you ever been heartbroken?
Have you ever broken someone's heart:
Have you ever fallen for your best friend?
Have you ever loved someone but never told them?
Are you afraid of commitment?
Have you had more than 5 different serious relationships this year?
Are you missing someone right now?
mom, sister, niece, and all the CA peoples
Are you happy?
Are you eating anything?
Do you love someone right now?
hopelessly in love with my husband and son
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Off to make dinner cause I want j to have a little break, he's playing house husband right now. Toods to all
Sunday, December 10, 2006
On the Scotty front, I can't believe he's already 6 months!!! Where did my little baby boy go. All that's here now is a little man who rolls around in circles and chatters away at me. Plus, you should see him eat, he loves his food. So far just apples, carrots, and peas and the normal rice cereal, but still, he just ate 4 oz of cereal and wanted more.
On the note from my SP, I wanna know what the heck you ordered from Germany for me. This waiting is gonna kill me, I just know it! Can't wait anymore, and I hate surprises, just ask J. I tickle them all out of him as fast as I can. Hmmm, maybe I'll try and tickle this one out of him too. *insert evil cackle here*
Thursday, December 07, 2006
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Depends on the mood I'm in
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?Colored on tree, none on house
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Big slab of roast beef (I know that's gross, but I'm being honest).
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting the "rock" My turtle
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What, you mean Santa's not the UPS man???
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not now - but as a kid we were allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve - probably just to shut us up.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With all the things from kidhood, not sure now, cause they are at mom's house and i'm not
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Ask me again in March
12. Can you ice skate? Only in the most abstract sense.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Wiggles!! So he was early, who cares
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? whatever is made, usually fudge
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? me cooking all day
17. What tops your tree? No tree this year, maybe next when we have our own place
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? both
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? don't have one
20. Candy Canes...yummy, me want some, but not until the 15th, that's the rule
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
But good things happened, have health coverage again, so I can go and get new glasses (FINALLY) so I can see. I started crocheting a pineapple shawl and can't see what I'm doing cause it's in size 10 cotton and without my glasses I'm just this side of legally blind. can still knit though, so I'm knitting a Bog Jacket from Knitting Around (Elizabeth Zimmermann). I love her patterns.
Here I go off to squint some more. Best wishes to all, and happy holidays!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
But home and checking up on messages left for me. If anything is weirdly typed, it's cause Scott kicked off my glasses and broke them, so I can barely see. Never again am I going on a long car trip in my own car, I'm renting for ever more.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
On a craft note, rescued lots of yarn from the family's house and all my needles and hooks. Plus some books, so at least I have something to do while I'm here. But still, worrying about money for the next 2 weeks, we can't pay rent for next month now cause we had to pay to have the car towed 90 miles back to dad's house, not to mention trying to help pay for the repairs (ha, so can't do that) so it looks like everyone gets an inexpensive present for x-mas. I'm thinking scarves cause I got enough yarn from mom's for those, and of course pictures of Scotty cause I got lots of free prints from McDonalds with that monopoly thing they do.
Off to rescue the baby from Daddy. Thanks for the rant.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Happy turkey day everyone, may it be full of good food.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
One Word Meme.
The only rule? Only one word.
1. Yourself: crazy
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): wonderful
3. Your hair: bleh
4. Your mother: friend
5. Your father: absent
6. Your Favorite Item: chocolate
7. Your dream last night: naughty
8. Your Favorite drink: pepsi
9. Your Dream Car: Mini
10. The room you are in: Computer
11. Your Ex: lair
12. Your fear: alone
13. What you want to be in 10 years? me!
14. Who you hung out with last night? Baby
15. What You’re Not? normal
16. Muffins: rapsberry
17. One of Your Wish List Items: house
18. Time: enemy
19. The Last Thing You Did: cooked
20. What You Are Wearing: jeans
21. Your Favorite Weather: fall
22. Your Favorite Book: thriller
23. The Last Thing You Ate: chicken
24. Your Life: changing
25. Your Mood: depressed
26. Your best friend: Husband
27. What are you thinking about right now? Scott
28. Your car: old
29. What are you doing at the moment? typing
30. Your summer: moved
31. Your relationship status: love
32. What is on your TV? CSI
33. What is the weather like? FREEZING!!!!!!!!
34. When is the last time you laughed? now!
Monday, November 13, 2006
Just spinning and knitting and trying to ingore the world. But it's not working. Maybe someday soon it'll happen.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Feel like crap though cause a) got food poisining and b) fell fown the stairs and wacked my back a lot where I had broken it before when I was a little girl. Go sore and still a little icky feeling.
Scotty loves his grandma and grandpa, and they love him back. At least I know better than to try and tell them not to spoil him so much. They only get the first grandkid once, let them enjoy it. :)
More to come later.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Yep, offically in MN, and it's cold and wet. We had a little snow, but it went away. :(
Scott is doing great, he's got the sniffles but is his normal cute self. J is working at UPS, nights (ICK) but it's got full benefits for all of us, so I suffer. Still having peoblems with the MIL, but that's life.
People can email me at email@example.com if they wanna chat or find out more.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Wool, cotton, and silk are the favotites. I don't like many man-made ones, but am willing to try anything
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Whatever is handy.....usually a little bag I have for spindles
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate to advanced. Been knitting 10 years after a teacher in HS tought me
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? nope, but if you ask I can tell you things I covet
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) carnations are the fav flower, and honeysuckle. I have asthma though, so I tend to stay away from scents
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate, and blue pixi sticks
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, tatting (needle). All spinning is so far done on a spindle, no wheel yet
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) No rap, anything else is pretty much fair game. Yep, I have an Ipoop
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues, greens, russet reds, greys. Please, for all that's holy, no pinks unless they are a dusky rose color. Anything else makes me look bleh
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Hubby of almost 6 months, son of just over 4 months. No pets
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all but ponchos
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? shawls and lacey things
13. What are you knitting right now? shawl, 2 sweaters for baby, sweater for hubby
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes, love them
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circular or DP's (aii I have in DP's are a set of 3's and 4's) Bamboo/wood, or metal
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?nope to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?about a year
18. What is your favorite holiday?haloween and christmas/winter
19. Is there anything that you collect?rubber duckies and weird stuffed critters. Oh, and yarn and patterns
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Addi turbos, silk yarns/rovings/caps. Strange fibers to spin
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? nope
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?nope, wear a size 7 shoe, and size 4-9 socks
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 10/06 Just missed it
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thanks again!!!!!
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
- An utterly adorable sweater for Scott
- A matching teddy bear for Scott, both can be seen on her blog here
- A big skein of mid-weight wool in bright blues and mauves
- another skein of wool, this time yellow and green and brown sock weight
- 2 skeins of Jaggerspun in their cassis (a dusky rose) to use with the following item
- The Peacock Feathers Shawl pattern from FiddleSticks Knitting
- A pair of Addi Turbos to knit the shawl (dream item)
If this wasn't enough, and for me it was so much more than I could have hoped for when I signed up for SP8, there was also a $25 gift certificate for White Lies Designs, the website I have drooled over for about 3 years now. I kid you not, I started to cry when I saw the envelope there in the package. All this generosity from a total stranger. Val, I can only hope that your partner was as generous to you as you were to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Hospitals SUCK. That being said, I have just spent the last 8 days, over 2 visits, with my little 10 week old son. Scott stoped breathing last Friday morning and so we went to Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and they did a whole battery of tests, decided he was stable cause he didn't stop breathing at the hospital, and sent us home withOUT a monitor. I didn't speel for 2 days/nights because hubby works nights and so I was home along with the baby and hubby sleeps in the days so I was caring for the baby. Tuesday night he stopped breathing again, and so back to CHOC for more tests and strange as it may sound, happily he had an episode there at the hospital. So a monitor was sent home with us tonight when we got to come home. Now I have the "joyfull" chore of getting the rest of my stuff packed up for my move to St. Paul MN on the 29th. Good news is hubby no longer has to work nights, last night was his last. WOOHOO!
In knitting news, I have made a fingerless glove. Yes, not a pair, a single glove. It's cute but I ned to find a way to tighten up the wrist. And I FINALLY got GOL. It only took 3 ordering trys from Borders where I used to work before they were able to get me a copy.
Monday, August 14, 2006
Scott stopped breathing on friday morning (he started again thankfully) and I have just spent the last 60 hours at CHOC trying to find out what's wrong. Damn doctors have no idea, so here we are, home again. I don't think I'll ever sleep again, I'll just be watching him to make sure he's still breathing. They could have sent us home with a monitor but nooooooo, insurance says that he's medically stable and there's no need. Well, fuck them.
Sorry, a little wound up, stressed out, and all the other emotions that come with not being able to really hold your baby and walk with him when he's tired and wanting to be at home, not the hospital. Poor kid barely slept the entire time, every time he drifted off he would get woken up by someone wanting to check his vitals or a noise from the other bed, or the hall, or whatever. Slept 18 hours straight on release, barely woke up to eat and get changed in that time period.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Scotty had 5, yes that's 5, shots today and the poor little tyke isn't a happy camper. I can't blame him, his legs are all swollen at the shot sites and he's got a slight temp. I feel like a bad mommy cause all I can do is give hugs and kisses and can't make the pain go away.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Leg is major sprained and might be muscle tear in the quad, not sure yet. Have fun y'all.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Please, She needs all the prayers, good thoughts, wiccan charms or whatever you believe in that she can get. I'm hoping that the doctors can figure out today what's wrong with "my" little girl, since she calls me daddy.
She was saying last night that she was all better and wanted to come home with her little cousin, but since she also said she wouldn't admit if it still hurt if she could come home........it got a smile and a laugh but she's still there at the Children's Hospital.
Needless to say, I'll keep y'all posted. Please keep her in your thoughts. If you'd like to see pictures they are at http://photos.yahoo.com/kittyroseprincess .
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Than some roving in a beautiful dark green with greys and browns. Plus some things to make my feel all nice and pretty (something they sorely need since the baby was born). Add a punching pumpkin pen and other halloween things in a little tote bag and you have the makings of a party.
But the best, and this even tops the chocolates from last time, RUBBER DUCKS!!
I don't think I let slip my love of rubber duckies, but she (?) sure figured it out. There's a duckie on a keychain, a luau duckie, a regular squirting duckie, a flipping duckie, a big stress ball type duck, and best of all, a duckie on a chain to wear on my neck.
I'm quackers!! :)
Thanks Secret Pal!!!!
Monday, July 17, 2006
*sigh* back to sleeping and watching my oh so cute son and hating the hubby's job where he works nights. :(
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Off to spin some up, wish me luck. I'm planning on a 3 ply lace to sock weight when I'm done. Wish me luck!
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Monday, June 26, 2006
Monday, June 19, 2006
Well, it may be only June, but feels like Christmas to me for sure! I got my SP8 box today from my pal, and belive me, WOW.
Those little green things there in the front are a pair of baby socks for my little angel, and a matching hat. I was tempted to try them on him, but it's over 85 in my house right now and I'm not that mean to put wool on him in this. I love the hat, which my partner did a little trick with the ribbing, it looks like leaves.
Next is a skein of sock wool from Lisa Souza, in the coolst colorway. It's browns, blues (which you can't really see in the picture), with a little bit of orange and olive green thrown in for good measure. So soft, and superwash merino, which means that I don't have to be so uber careful with the washing. The Betty doesn't like blocking and handwashing much, so this is a godsend. Or in this case, a partner send. :)
And since I was warned that she was planing on spoiling baby Scott, an adorable baby photo album (something I didn't have yet, so again, perfect!)
But the best, has of course been saved for last. CHOCOLATE!!! Just smelling these is great, I can't wait to actually eat one. But which to eat first? That's the real question. Maybe I should wait until the hubby gets home and ask him........but why?
Thanks to my secret partner, You're amazing!!!
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Here's a pretty color coded chart for you all to look at. Standard knitting symbols, but I'll tell you what they are anyway. Or rather the chart will, since there's a key. I'll take a picture once I get a few more reps done on the SOD. Oh yeah, all odd rows are purled except for those 2 stitches. You can do it all knit, but doesn't shop up the rest as well. And another thing, co 19 stitches to start. Unless you want to add more of the "lattice" part, than 2 more for every yo, k2tog you want to add.
Feel free to use it if you like, or to change it, or whatever.
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Sunday, May 28, 2006
Sorry, just ranting, and I have bored to death everyone here in the house, so welcome to the bitch fest here on CCCC.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Oh well, time to start getting ready to go see the nice doctor lady, where we get to talk about too dreaded words. C-section and induction. As a perk I'll get to see the baby in an ultrasound, and it means he might come out sooner, but I'd rather he be ready.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
I'm knitting again, got out of the little "no knit" funk. Had to frog all the way back to the beginning of the 576 stitch section. I didn't like the way that the pattern was coming along so I thought to myself "oh well, I have all this time, let's change it again". 16 rows, but that's knitting for ya. Sooner or later I'll take some pictures of it as it is now. Here's some from way back.
I crocheted the center of it, cause I HATE using DP needles and didn't like the ladder effect I was getting from the magic loop trick. I dyed the yarn myself, using KnitPicks Paint Your Own in the laceweight. I like it a lot, very nice soft yarn, and the color is a sort of robin egg/wode blue with ever so slight color changes.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
On the knitting front, I HAVE to take a break from the Mystery Pi KAL, cause I'm going batty. As proof I've started to crochet an umbrella top in a lace pattern. I think I'll be back to knitting soon. Also sewing a ton of clothes for my mum and making her and my great-gran drop spindles (and painting the roving for them to learn to spin with too).
6 weeks and change until the due date. Any ideas when it'll come out?
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like wool, cotton and silk. There's no fiber I don't like, but I have met them all yet.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? For my interchanagable ones, the case they came in, the rest go in a shoebox in their little bags. Hooks are in their case, and a few M&M mini tubes. They fit perfectly in the jumbo ones if they are steel.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Knitting for about 10 years, consider myself, and considered by others as advanced. Just started lace knitting.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope, too dangerous.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) None really, allergic to perfumes.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? CHOCOLATE
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Crochet, spinning (drop spindle for now, getting a wheel), needle tatting, beadwork, sewing costumes (think ren faire).
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Anything but rap and gospel. 'Puter can do it, so can a CD player and my MP3 player. Country and classic rock is my favorite.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues and greens are good, so are russet type reds. Please, no pinks or baby blues. After 7 months being preggers I can't stand either color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, kid on the way. Living with family until we can get a place of our own. Cats in the house, but not mine.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? If it's cold enough I will, and lacey scarves and ponchos year round. They're pretty. :)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls, scarves in interesting patterns, lace, baby stuff. I haven't tried a doily yet, but might do that next
13. What are you knitting right now? A mystery Pi shawl (see farther down for more info) as a Mother's Day Present for my new MIL (more likely to get it for when the kid is born in June), both in lace weight wool yarn.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Like nothing better
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular, since I lose straight needles. All I have now are aluminum needles and the pair of plastic 13's I learned to knit on. Gotta take what I can get out here.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? That's what I use my mother for, she loves to ball yarn. Sucker
17. How did you learn to knit? A sub-teacher taught me one day in High School. Best thing I ever learned.
18. How old is your oldest UFO? I try to finish everything when I can, or I'll discover I no longer want to make it and fron for something new. So really, no UFO's hovering around.
19. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, for the candy and the joy of trying to force my niece in the costume she's been wanting to wear for 3 weeks and now can't stand the sight of.
20. Is there anything that you collect? Rubber duckies of all shapes/sizes, weird looking stuffed animals, books, yarn, patterns.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Some of the patterns from whitelies.com, Addi Turbos (can't find them at a LYS and hate buying online)
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Can't think of any, always learning
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not that crazy yet, give me time. Thinking about trying that next. Ummmmmm......it's foot sized, what more can I say. I wear a size 7 womans shoe if that helps, and wear the socks that fit a size 4-8 (I think that's what the last bag I got said)
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) October 6th
Sunday, April 30, 2006
I'm also checking out spinning wheels because I hope to start spinning soon. Should be an interesting thing to try. I've been using a drop spindle for years and can get a nice fine single on it, so I want something faster. I haven't the time to wait, there's fiber to be spun and yarn to knit and crochet. :)
On the baby front, 8 weeks to go, just 55 short little days until baby Scott's due date. Course that doesn't mean bugger all on when he'll get here, but hopefully he'll not want to make an apperance for 4 more weeks. Tomorrow his daddy and I are getting married, so he'll get to be in the pictures for that, as the bluge. Despite how I sound, I am estatic about both the baby and the wedding. Hungry too, gotta go eat.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Saturday, April 15, 2006
alt="Click here to join EZasPi" />
Click to join EZasPi
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Ok, I knit, crochet, nag my family about dinner suggestions, needle tat, I just started spinning on a drop spindle while I wait and save for a real spinning wheel. I also read, do the movie thing, listen to all kinds of music, and cook a lot.
Planning on getting married beginning of next month, to my wonderful boyfriend and back massuse. Otherwise I sit at home right now and halp watch my niece drive my sister up the wall and laugh when she talks cause she's sooooooo CUTE!!!