Monday, January 07, 2008

Knitting fun

Right now, when I'm not spinning up yarns for sale, I'm knitting a lace shawl for a friend. I'm using the pattern from Fiddlesticks Knitting, The Peacock Feather's Shawl. It's just being done in the leftover lace weight that I dyed up for my MIL's shawl 2 years ago. I decided that I didn't need to hoard the rest of it, and since I had ordered 2,400 yards of it and only used less than 800, I had plenty of it left. I'll be dying it to a darker blend of greens and blues, with maybe some specks of purple. I'm trying to decide if I should put in some beads and if so, what color? Maybe gold, to replicate the color in the feathers of said bird. But I have a while to go on that, since I'm only on row 50 of around 250. So you could say I'm 20% of the way done, but the rows get much longer than they are now. :-P

More to be posted later when I'm ripping my hair out at the pattern.

No comments: