Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I can't think

So much is going on in my life right now that I need to talk about, but it will have to wait until it's resolved, one way or another. Leave a comment if you *must* know right now. Until then, a literary meme.


What’s your bookstore? Barnes cause it's what's here, or used. I love used book stores. Just the general smell they have, of old books.

Hardback or paperback? Paperback. Easier to hold and cheaper.

Bookmark or dogear? both? Though I usually use a receipt or piece of clean TP

Keep, throw away or sell? Keep. I love my books. Sometimes, I’ll donate it. Or trade to a used bookstore for new ones. I have a very good memory for things in print, and it can take 4+ years before I can read something again.

Read with dust jacket or remove it? Remove

Short story or novel? Both. I tend to buy more novels, but I love short stories too

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? Usually at chapter breaks, but that’s not always possible.

Buy or borrow? Yes. I do both. From friends, and from the library. They have a good mystery section, and I've gotten hooked

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Browsing and recommendation

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Hmm… I’d say mostly tidy. A little bit of doubt can be good, but not when it makes the reader go: Bwuh?

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? Yes. All of above. Also add reading in the loo, and those rare baths too.

Standalone or series? both. Though it takes a very good author to write long series where you don't run into the Sequel Syndrome. That's where they just drag on and on from having to repeat things again and again. I've gotten lost in some sets that started out amazing, and now I can't tolerate them.

New or used? New.

Last five books you read:
1. The Big Over Easy - Jasper Fford
2. The Face- Dean Kontz
3. Knitting Without Tears - Elizabeth Zimmermann
4. The Veiled Web - Cathrine Asaro
5. Change of Heart -Jodi Picolt

Next five books you want to read.
Don't have a list

The first novel you remember reading. Something from Sweet Valley Twins - the one where they have tonsils removed

A book that changed your life IDK…

A book that made you cry (really cry, not just a shed tear) A lot

A book that made you brood for days There's a few

A book that made you laugh What I Learned From Knitting (whether I wanted to or not) - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

A book you have signed by the author A have 5 Jodi Picolts (she was signing when I worked at Borders) and I have a few more

A book where you have drowned in the language There's a few, brain not recalling them

A book you have lost Not remembering names, but there's been a few

A book given to you by your father He'd have had to be around for that wouldn't he?

A book given to you by your mother Most of the ones I have. I didn't get allowence, she bought me books :)



No comments: