Monday, May 25, 2009

I haven't died, honest

I've just been quietly sitting here and playing with Scott is all. Yes, playing with my little lad since St. Pat's day back in March. 7 weeks and 5 days of wonderful wonderful fun time. He's visiting his other grandparents up in MN for a few weeks, since his Papa Carl is having to undergo 2 operations to fix a disc in his neck. Scott will be here for his birthday, and pretty much until further notice. J and I worked out a 50/50 custody split, but the reason Scott's here is because J still doesn't have a job, or a place to stay. He's crashing at HIS grandparents place in CA, and that's gonna have to end soon. Then he'll most likely be out here in MI too.

In the craft world, I've been spinning. LOTS. Right now it's a blend of Ashland Bay's Merino top in a beautiful green color with stripes of browns and such, all carded together (cause I'm odd like that) with about an ounce of Pomeranian fur for my great-gran's dog Teddy. I plan on knitting something out of the yarn for her.

I'm also working on samples for the Phat Fiber Box again, for the month of July. July is the non wool month, so I'm doing a blend of natural colored cottons, mohair, angora, and soy silk. All in natural colors. The longer fibers spin up so nicely, and the cotton gives it an almost wooly feel, by core-spinning around the other fibers. Those as well as samples of my Isis yarn in an organic naturally brown cotton will be there in July.

Also for Jessie at Phat Fiber I'm working on shawl kits for her to have in her shop. A custom design by me, paired with the Twilight Dawn colorway of Isis. Approx 1200 yards of yarn are there, more than enough for the shawl.

I'm knitting socks again. I never did get past the first little armor one I made for Scott. But the main hostess for the Secret Pal swaps was a sweetheart and got me an angel package for SP12 (since my partner vanished off the face of the Earth) and sent me some amazing things. 4 oz of alpaca roving in a colorway called Crocus Crochet. Blues and purples. Reminds me a lot of my Twilight Dawn colors, and I LOVE it! Also, a skein of Mmmmmmmalabrigo Sock in Botticelli Red, which is this brick/tomato red kettle dyed color. I have been petting it like made lately. And some Addi's to knit socks on (right now they have mitts on them, couldn't get gauge with them for socks) and a nifty little keyring that had a small crochet hook on it, to help pick up stitches. That's come in handy already, trust me. There's also a beautiful pattern for bamboo patterned socks, that I may convert to toe up. I have odd feet (really high arches) so I like toe up construction.

My first socks WILL be done for whenever Harry Potter 6 comes to the big screen. I'm calling them my Griffenclaw socks. They couldn't sort me into just one house at work, when book 6 came out, but instead said I should be in both Griffendor and Ravenclaw. So I will be having socks with gray toes, heels, and cuffs (Knitpicks Bare I dyed myself) and a semisolid red body from a yarn I totally forgot what it is. I remember it was $18 a skein though, does that count?

Off to rest and make more samples. I've been having a fibro flare lately, which is why I haven't posted in a while. That and adjusting to a new psych med. Which causes cluster headaches whenever they up the dosage. I foresee a new medication soon. I don't like going to the ER to get an injection to make it stop.

No comments: