Saturday, January 01, 2011

The New Year

It seems only fitting that the first real post of the New Year comes as the folks all around me are still setting off their fireworks and yelling hurray! This year in some ways has been worse that '08 or '09 were, though they each have their highs and lows. but I'm not here to share the woes of the year, rather some highlights. No, Scott's still not with me, and he's not with J yet either. Soon, we both hope. But I did get to spend a good chunk of time on the phone the few days before Christmas and we had some fun. I knit a sweater for him and according to J he didn't want to take it off. Once again the midget needs new socks, so I'll work on some of those. Getting to play with him on the phone made me want to cry, yet I was so happy to get to talk to him it didn't matter. I love trying to tell him a story, because if you don't ask what the person's name is, and what animal they are, and what they're doing before hand he'll interrupt you and tell you that you're not telling the story right. He speaks so beautifully now, I can't get over it. I know he's growing up, just hard to remember that sometimes when you're away. I had the hardest time trying to find things for him for the holiday, as I didn't want to get just toys or clothes. I think I had a good mix going. A few books, stuffed dragon, couple of crafty toys. Yes, I'm a parent who gives educational and craft related toys. Some regular ones too, but what's the fun of that?

Christmas Eve I went with some newish friends to another friends house for dinner. By dinner I mean we got there around 12:30 and didn't leave until 10:30 that night. There was duck involved, you know I was all ready for that. I just feel bad because I dozed about 4 hours of the day. Didn't sleep very well the night before, haven't slept well in weeks. The big day our landlord/neighbor drove us to gamma's early in the morning. Mainly cause out car is deader than dead. Not sure if it's the engine or transmission. Doubt it's worth fixing the car, not with its age. But spent the day at gamma's house with a roasty toasty fire going. I'm the firekeeper at her house, had a very nice bed of coals going by 10, so I took a nap for an hour. Than I made dinner. Just being there with her, whom I hadn't seen since early November, made the tight holiday here in the house worth it. I got jammies and everyone knows that xmas jammies from a grandma are the best type.

Than Monday night I checked my email and there was 2 emails from Amazon, each with gift card codes of $98, for a total of $196. From a Rybecka Johnstone. I have no idea who this woman is, and I just want to wish her a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart. Honestly and truly, I started crying when i say those in my email. I checked with amazon and the codes are legit, so Wednesday found me laying in wait for the UPS man, who was bringing me a Wifi Kindle. I also got books for Scott (sent straight to J so there's books for him at his daddy's place) and a light box setup so maybe the pictures I take for work will look decent.

The kindle couldn't have come at a better time. All day I've been laid up in bed shaking like a newborn foal, and coughing. I'm hoping that this is just an upper respiratory infection and not pneumonia rearing it's nasty head again. Just got over that thanks, don't want it again.

Anyway, that's my Year end review. I will be trying to blog more often this year, now that I have a decent computer and all that jazz.

1 comment:

Sandra La Knitalian said...

No fireworks here, at least not until I finish this sweater, LOL!
Here's hoping things will work out and soon you will be reunited with Scott again; in the meantime, keep blogging. It's good for the soul, chicken soup is good for the body~

Take care of yourself, Happy New Year and all that jazz~ :D ♥♥♥

Your Plurk Bud,
Stella☆MHorses