1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like? I love wools and cotton yarns, as well as some fancier ones. Not a big acrylic fan (not a snob, but it squeaks and sets my teeth on edge) and I'm super sensitive to mohair.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a few different cases for hooks, a large binder and smaller one too for my needles.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 13 years or so, a sub in school taught me. Crocheting for 18 years easy, my grandma taught me. I'd consider myself advanced on knitting, and advanced intermediate for crocheting
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon Wishlist
5. What’s your favorite scent? I like clean scents, nothing fake. I'm actually fairly sensitive to scents so would prefer not to get any.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have, though it comes and goes. I love dark chocolates and other things.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I knit, spin, crochet, tat (needle) weave, make jewelry, do chainmaile. I also make soaps and lotion bars and have played with paper
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Anything but rap and gospel. I have a few mp3 players and the laptop can take them.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? Darker colors. Blues, greens, reds (like wine, garnet, brick), greys. please no super bright ones and no pink, orange, or yellow please.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Live with family, 1 4yo son who's away from me. 8yo niece with me. We have a mutant goldfish and a turtle. The fish and turtle are both 6 inches, body length only.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes, and maybe.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks actually. Started knitting them for Scott, and he loves them.
13. What are you knitting right now? Scocks (Scott Socks)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes a million times yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circs please, I like metal ones though bamboo are growing on me.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a winder, no swift
17. How old is your oldest UFO? I think a few years. I usually unravel them after a while if they don't get worked on. I can always find another use for the yarn
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Halloween. Myself personally? Not really any winter holiday. We keep xmas in the house because of my niece. I'm agnostic with pagan leanings. By that I mean respect for nature, paying attention to the turning of the seasons, the phase of the moon and that stuff.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yoda, the little green muppet from Star Wars. Love him. Hummingbirds, rubber ducks. Yarn, pretty stones.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Soft squishy yarns, lace weight or up. Sock yarns with interesting colors or shading. I'd love odd balls of sock yarn if you have any. Anything over 25 yards in one type would be awesome. Knitting a miter square blanket.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I want to get better at cables.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am, but I'm a noob. 8" ball of foot circ, 9.25 heel to toe, if you need more than that let me know.
23. When is your birthday? October 6
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? boosheeps