Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Questionaire

Well, I have to post this for a secret pal thingie I'm in, so in case anyone else out there cares. :)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like wool, cotton and silk. There's no fiber I don't like, but I have met them all yet.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? For my interchanagable ones, the case they came in, the rest go in a shoebox in their little bags. Hooks are in their case, and a few M&M mini tubes. They fit perfectly in the jumbo ones if they are steel.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Knitting for about 10 years, consider myself, and considered by others as advanced. Just started lace knitting.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope, too dangerous.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) None really, allergic to perfumes.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? CHOCOLATE

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Crochet, spinning (drop spindle for now, getting a wheel), needle tatting, beadwork, sewing costumes (think ren faire).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Anything but rap and gospel. 'Puter can do it, so can a CD player and my MP3 player. Country and classic rock is my favorite.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues and greens are good, so are russet type reds. Please, no pinks or baby blues. After 7 months being preggers I can't stand either color.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, kid on the way. Living with family until we can get a place of our own. Cats in the house, but not mine.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? If it's cold enough I will, and lacey scarves and ponchos year round. They're pretty. :)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls, scarves in interesting patterns, lace, baby stuff. I haven't tried a doily yet, but might do that next

13. What are you knitting right now? A mystery Pi shawl (see farther down for more info) as a Mother's Day Present for my new MIL (more likely to get it for when the kid is born in June), both in lace weight wool yarn.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Like nothing better

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular, since I lose straight needles. All I have now are aluminum needles and the pair of plastic 13's I learned to knit on. Gotta take what I can get out here.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? That's what I use my mother for, she loves to ball yarn. Sucker

17. How did you learn to knit? A sub-teacher taught me one day in High School. Best thing I ever learned.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? I try to finish everything when I can, or I'll discover I no longer want to make it and fron for something new. So really, no UFO's hovering around.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, for the candy and the joy of trying to force my niece in the costume she's been wanting to wear for 3 weeks and now can't stand the sight of.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Rubber duckies of all shapes/sizes, weird looking stuffed animals, books, yarn, patterns.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Some of the patterns from whitelies.com, Addi Turbos (can't find them at a LYS and hate buying online)

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Can't think of any, always learning

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not that crazy yet, give me time. Thinking about trying that next. Ummmmmm......it's foot sized, what more can I say. I wear a size 7 womans shoe if that helps, and wear the socks that fit a size 4-8 (I think that's what the last bag I got said)

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) October 6th

No comments: