here are the SP 10 questions. Hope that they help my partner with spoiling me. Just so you know, I'll be moving soon in the beginning of March, so please emial me and I'll give you the new address as soon as I know it. Thanks.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Cotton. I love cotton. Wool is good, but i do have a sensitivity to it sometimes, so fair warning. i love Alpaca *hint hint* and silk. Pretty much I love anything natural (soy included). Not a big fan of acrylic yarns, though they do have their place. After all, once the world explodes we'll need some yarn to knit sweaters for the cockroaches. :)
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Whatever is handy. Right now it's in the interchangeable needle case, and the crochet hook case, and balls of yarn with their projects, a box, a bag, and a pocket in my purse, for the ones I don't want the hubby finding.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Been knitting for 12 years, learned from a teacher in high school. Would consider myself advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not online, but if you email for suggestions I can always give them. I work in a bookstore and get a good discount so I usually don't have a want list for books.
5. What's your favorite scent? NOT COFFEE. Sowwy, work in a coffee shop. I usually don't wear scents, but I like cinnamon, and citrus scents for around the house. And generally those "waterfall" and "ocean breeze" ones. If you go to the Body shop they have an oil called Oceanaus, I love that scent. Clean smells, with not a lot of notes.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Heck yeah. Chocolate, the darker the better. you'll win my heart with 70% cacao chocolate. But red licorice, suckers (watermelon and strawberry). peanut M&M's, snickers. Those are all the favorites.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Knit, crochet, spin, weave, tat (needle, not shuttle), some basket weaving. Some sewing of renaissance costumes.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Anything but rap and gospel. Yes, and yes (have an Ipod and a phone that plays them too.)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love blues and greens, and deep dark reds that aren't too blue. Not a big fan of yellow or orange, and the only pink I like is a dusky rose color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Have the hubby (J) and bairn (Scott) and we're about to leave the aunts house and get our own apartment. No pets, the kid follows me around like a puppy dog anyway, so it's good.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, Yes, sometimes, hell no
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls, baby things, scarves, toys
13. What are you knitting right now? baby presents for a friend at work. And the sweater below this post
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Hell yes!!! I love handmade gifts
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circular. I never use straights, I lose them. metal are best, unless I'm using Dp's, than bamboo or metal. I really like the new Knitpicks Options needles. I have them in size 2 already. I plan on getting a full set of the changeable ones with the tax refund.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, and no *sniff*
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 4 years
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, and whatever excuse I can come up with
19. Is there anything that you collect? Rubber ducks, doilies, yarn, patterns, needles, dust, friends :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? No subscriptions. See above on books. same with needles. Patterns are always a changing item. please just ask, it's easier.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I still need to learn how to knit socks, someone please inspire me to do that
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? hehe, read #21. I wear a size 7 womens shoe, and the socks I buy say size 4-10. I'll measure and get back to you
23. When is your birthday? October 6th