Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oof

I never realized how hard it is to spin to a certain size of yarn. I have NO problem spinning lace weight or fingering weight yarns, but I'm having a hell of a time spinning my alpaca roving to something heaver than fingering, and that's when it's 3 plied. I figure I'll just have to cable the yarn into a 6 ply, or even more to make sure that it's the same thickness as the black wool I'm spinning up for the blanket. I have no problem making a 3plyd worsted weight yarn out of that, but than it's a big fluffy batt, and not roving.

Besides spinning I'm still crocheting up washcloths like a little sweatshop. I'm planning on making some goats milk soap or maybe olive oil soap and give those as gifts with the washcloths to people. And give them a cute art picture I did of Scott. I'm getting it printed up as a 11X14 poster for the In-laws, and I'll frame it. J and I are using the excuse of the car needs brakes and we'd rather spend what money we have for presents on Scott, than spend a lot on everyone else and have nothing to give Scott. We'll be getting the brakes fixed on Monday, and we pick up the brother-in-law on the Sat before X-mas. We told the MIL that we'd be coming up on Sunday afternoon, but we're gonna surprise her and come up on Saturday.

Scott's still having über poops and farts so he's being a clingy little boy. So cute though. He's getting to learn about time outs because he's been throwing things lately, and I don't want him to get used to being able to do that. Still trying to figure out what I can get him for his X-mas. For that matte,r trying to figure out what to get J too. Oh well, Scott has his presents to give to us. I picked them up when we were visiting my mom.

I hope to be able to get stock up in my store after the holidays and than get my site running again. *crosses fingers*

No comments: