Sunday, November 09, 2008

Secret Pal 13 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love cotton and other plant based fibers. I can use some wools, but they must be super soft. Malabrigo is about the only one I can wear that's commercially produced.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Um.........the cases they come in? All my hooks are in a susan bates case, and there are too many to easily fit, but I can find it. My Options are in their binder, and the few other ones I have are just lying around

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for 10 years and consider myself an advanced intermediate. I was taught by a sub teacher in my German class sophomore year of high school

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope, that's too easy. But I have wonderful ideas, and can post them if y'all want

5. What's your favorite scent?
Clean natural scents. No artificial perfumes. I like citrus scents and spices. Oh, and honeysuckle.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Dark chocolate, around 75%. Gummys. Dark chocolate Peanut M&M's

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, needle tat, crochet, learning to weave.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listed to a lot of stuff. Not a big classical fan, nor rap or gospel. Yes the computer plays MP3's and I have an Ipoop.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blues, greens, deep reds, and grays. I really am not a pink/yellow/orange fan though I will take a dusky rose color

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a son who lives with me for short periods of time (reap past entries to see why) and no pets. I'm not allergic to them though. I live with my mum, sister, and niece right now.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, Yes, Yes, no

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace. I love to knit lace shawls. I'm learning socks (ok, at this point I've yet to knit a sock). Baby things.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I'm working on a Mobius Cowl and a sweater for my sister. I'm also knitting a blanket for a friend who's expecting. Sweaters for Scott too.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES!!! I love getting homemade things.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular by fat. Metal too. I don't like bamboo, they feel odd to me. I have a set of rosewod DPN's I'm learning to knit socks on, and those are the only wood ones I have so far

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I use my mom for ball winding and I have a niddy noddy. No swift though

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Not sure, can't remember right now. I'll go with 2 years and 5 months (Scott)

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I like Halloween the best. I observe Christmas, though I'm not really a Christian. It's more about spending time with family and friends, and sharing a little handmade item with them.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Rubber Rucks, Yoda things (green dude from Star Wars), Yarn and lace patterns.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have no subscriptions and no books or patterns spring to mind. I plan of spending some time in the bookstore soon, and will change this as that can be updated. :)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Socks.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet, but I want to learn. 8.5" around the ball, 9.25" fron index toe to heel, 9.25" around ankle. Not sure if that helps. I like socks to midcalf (my winter boots are combat boots). I have no idea if these measurments help. Oh, I wear a size 7.5 in US womens.

23. When is your birthday?
October 6th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
vxb222

No comments: