Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bleh

For some unknown reason I'm still awake, and it's almost 3am. I just can't seem to sleep, even with sleeping pills. It sucks but what's a girl to do?

I spun up some bamboo, the first thing I've really SPUN on my wheel since the bump on the noggin. I've plied up some cotton yarn for sale, but that's not the same. I've never used a wheel in my memory, but obviously the muscle memory is there, and it's tucked up into my brain as well. I just sat down one night and started spinning on it, and it worked.

I finished my gran's shawl, and just have to weave in the ends. It took a whole ball of yarn. And I'm not talking about a regular ball, but one of those 1 pound balls o' cotton that you can get at the craft stores. I'll be taking a picture and trying to figure out if I want to dye it in the next few days.

It's been pouring rain today, and so the kids were a little antsy. We took them to the mall so they could play in the play area there. That was a success, and they both crashed once we got home from shopping. Tomorrow will be much the same, with a trip to Jo-ann's for yarn for Mum, Cold Stone for ice cream shakes (they do 1/2 price until 5pm), and the store to get things to make truffles. Those are for some friends of ours who are having a going away party on Saturday. We were told Sunday (with all our other friends) that they are moving to Washington state on the 17th. Short notice, but their roommate is an abusive woman and they need to get themselves and the 7 year old daughter out of the house NOW. I'll miss them dearly but it's what's best for them, and for my friend's health. MN winters don't do very much for those with Fibromyalgia (which she also has).

Gonna try sleeping again. Here's hoping it works.

No comments: