Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Silk Sweater spinning

Ok, so this may sound odd, but than it's me. I got bored and liberated a very much Unloved sweater set from my mum's closet. No, not to wear, but to unravel and to spin into much loved yarn.

The T-shirt portion is unraveled, and currently sits in baggies waiting to be spun. I won't undo the Cardi until it's all spun up. But the other night I couldn't sleep, and sat spinning for 10 hours. Yes, there's not an extra 0 there, really is 10. Below are pictures to prove that I'm going to have my work cut out for me.1.5 hours into the spinning
3 hours into the spinning, there's still bobbin to be seen
It's all plyed! 10 hours into it

Look, it's a skien of yarn. Lace weight, 3-ply yarn. Silk. *drool* 157 yards, ready and waiting to be loved for ever and ever and ever.

No comments: